Jody‘s crew, out and about, has some first-hand tips for flying.
- If you wear heavy jewelry, put it in the bin at the security check point.
- Try to have the items you need to put in the bins ready at the top of your bag.
- Make sure you have more than 7 minutes between landing time and the connecting flight’s boarding time.
- Never refuse the snack. If you aren’t hungry, put them in your bag. You might need them if the connecting flight is too turbulent and they don’t come around.
- Don’t expect taxi fares from the airport to be based on mileage. You may have to pay a flat rate. (cha-ching!)
- Try not to get the seat next to lavatory. People don’t always close the door when they are done.
- Use as small a bag as you can. Some of the airlines have a metal corral that you can try to fit your bag in to check for size, but they seem to be shrinking.