Many of us have dream vacations that include visiting well-known landmarks. One of the best parts of our global community is the sheer variety of places to visit. Most of us will only see a handful of all the interesting places on planet earth in our life time.
Recently, TripAdvisor tried to determine which of all the wonders in our world ranked as the “most beloved” landmarks to visit and the results might surprise you.
In a press release, TripAdvisor explained that its “most beloved” designees “were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for landmarks worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.”
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice World’s Most Beloved Landmarks
1. Machu Picchu (Machu Picchu, Peru)
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
3. Angkor Wat (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
4. St. Peter’s Basilica (Vatican City, Italy)
5. Taj Mahal (Agra, India)
6. Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba (Cordoba, Spain)
7. Church of the Savior on Spilt Blood (St. Petersburg, Russia)
8. The Alhambra (Granada, Spain)
9. Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool (Washington, D.C.)
10. Milan Cathedral (Duomo) (Milan, Italy)