Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India, may take top marks among the most elite hotels on Earth. Though it is one of the largest residences in the world—set among 26 acres of gardens—there are 64 hotel rooms and suites within the palace. They are run by Taj Group Hotels. The Art Deco palace was built between 1928 and 1943 for Maharaja Umaid Singh.
TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice named the Umaid Bhawan their top pick for world’s best hotel. Millions of reviews and opinions collected over a one-year period are used to create each Travelers’ Choice list.
The world’s top 10 hotels are all committed to service and quality, and they have five out of five bubble ratings on TripAdvisor, according to company spokeswoman Julie Cassetina.
The following are the top 10 hotels on the global list. All the properties are bookable on TripAdvisor.com.
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, Jodhpur, India
2. Shinta Mani Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia
3. Bellevue Syrene, Sorrento, Italy
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, Hanoi, Vietnam
5. Achtis Hotel, Afitos, Greece
6. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, United Kingdom
7. Mirihi Island Resort, Mirihi, Maldives
8. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
9. Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa, Lance aux Epines, Grenada
10. Hotel Ritta Höppner, Gramado, Brazil