Jody Re-Visits Aruba
A while back I had a chance to visit Aruba. A great little island in the Caribbean. Let me tell you a little bit about it.
The island of Aruba is part of the West Indies in the Caribbean Sea. Aruba is about 19 miles long and 5 miles wide and lies about 18 miles off the Paraguana Peninsula of Venezuela.
There are plenty of hotels, all-inclusive resorts, timeshares and apartments to stay in and most of them are right on or near a beach. You will have fun trying to choose the best one for you. Tourism is Aruba’s main industry so of course, they put their best foot forward from the minute you get there until you reluctantly leave.
The beaches of Aruba are considered some of the cleanest, widest, and most spectacular in the Caribbean area. The typical Aruba beach consists of powder-fine white sand, perfect for sunning and every kind of beach activity you can think of.
Speaking of activities, here are just a few that are available all over the island.
* Enjoy fruity umbrella drinks while relaxing on the beach.
* Soothe your skin with Aruba’s very own aloe vera.
* Watch the windsurfers and kitesurfers at world-famous Fishermens Huts. You’ll be sure to want to try it yourself.
* Visit one of Aruba’s many museums.
* Shop for deals on jewelry, cigars and local handicrafts.
* Please your palate with some of the world’s most delicious foods. Try cuisine from Cuba, Italy, the Netherlands, Argentina, and America all in just a few days.
* Take the whole family deep sea fishing, playing mini-golf or mountain biking.
* Try your luck at any one or more of a dozen different casinos.
* Rent an ATV and explore Aruba’s desert landscapes , many caves, goldmine ruins, or a natural pool and a beautiful hilltop chapel with spectaculr views.
* View the sea life by scuba diving, snorkeling or on a glass submarine tour.
There’s also golf courses, tennis courts, horseback riding, sunset cruises, kayaking, jet skis, and much more. Just be sure to take plenty of sunblock and have a great time!